Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Brew Crew Ball is Thankful - Brew Crew Ball

It has certainly been a different kind of year in 2020. Tragedy, violence, unrest, and uncertainty about what the future will look like permeates through the fabric of our lives as we continue to live through this coronavirus pandemic and all the other major events that have unfolded throughout the country and world this year. With all that negativity, it may be harder than ever to take a step back today on Thanksgiving and think of all the things in our lives that we are grateful for. But it is important for each of us to pause for a moment, and to recognize and appreciate the people and things that have helped us endure the trying times that have been placed before us.

At certain points, it didn’t look like there would even be Major League Baseball played this year. It was a drawn out process that involved a lot of conflict on both sides, but the owners and players eventually came together on terms to provide fans an abbreviated season. It was only a two-month sprint, with different rules, expanded playoffs, and no fans present in the stands, but at least for the summer, we were provided with some sense of “normalcy” — games to talk about most every night, lineups to nitpick, pitching decisions to second-guess, umpires to complain about. The Milwaukee Brewers weren’t very good, finishing 29-31 and getting booted from the first round of the playoffs, but they took the field this summer and they gave us all a reason to come together every day and support each other as a Brew Crew Ball community.

As a staff, we are all thankful for the community that we have that truly makes this site great. Today on Thanksgiving, we wanted to share with you all some things we are thankful for:

David Gibson

I am thankful for the love of my wife and two boys. I am grateful for another holiday that includes friends and family as well as the memories of those who are no longer here. I appreciate the efforts of those that risk their lives to protect, heal, save, and, defend. And I am thankful for a hopeful future.

Brad Ford

I am thankful for Ryan Braun. As it might be his last year playing baseball, it’s great to reflect on how awesome he’s been for the team and the positive impact he’s had on the history of the organization. Obviously, there’s a huge negative that’s hard to ignore, but there’s a lot of good there too.

Jaymes L

I’m thankful that my family and I have largely been able to stay healthy in what’s been a challenging year for a lot of people. I’m also thankful for the sacrifices the Brewers players and their families made this year to give the rest of us an escape for a couple of hours every night this summer, despite all the risks and challenges of trying to play in the middle of a pandemic.

-JP-

I’m thankful that we’ve had a Brewers team that has been competitive and interesting over the last several years. Despite the many troubles the team has had, they’ve managed to remain competitive and keep a good team together. I’m also thankful that I have family and friends around to get through the rough year of 2020, and for hope that things will get better going into the next year.

Kyle Lesniewski

First and foremost, I am thankful for the love of my wife and our beautiful children. I am thankful for our continued health and that of the rest of my family even as we’ve had our brushes with the virus. I am thankful for the stability that my regular day job and my role here at Brew Crew Ball have provided during this period, and for the support of loved ones as we’ve banded together through this difficult period.

I am also incredibly blessed and thankful for the opportunity that I had to break into professional baseball this year. I am thankful to Mike Zimmerman, Dan Kuenzi, and Anthony Barone for taking a chance on me and giving a wide-ranging role with the Milwaukee Milkmen. I am thankful for the work Anthony, Matt Passerelle, Hayden Carter, and I did together as a staff on a day-to-day basis, and for the opportunity to suit up in the locker room and take a spot in the dugout every night. I am thankful for all the memories that I’ll never forget — standing on the foul line during the National Anthem for the first time, smoking a cigar after our first win, being in a Tim Dillard video, all the Adam Walker home runs and the Peyton Gray punchouts, the burn of champagne in my eyes after clinching the division title, drinking a beer out of the Miles Wolff Trophy while celebrating a Championship Series victory on the road in Sioux Falls, giving the city of Milwaukee their first professional baseball title since 1957. And I’m thankful that we got to do it all safely in front of fans. What a summer it was.


Happy holiday, everyone! Thank you for reading, commenting, and fanposting along with all of us at Brew Crew Ball.

What are you thankful for on this day?

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"ball" - Google News
November 27, 2020 at 01:00AM
https://ift.tt/3o1TW9Q

Brew Crew Ball is Thankful - Brew Crew Ball
"ball" - Google News
https://ift.tt/39CKzGV
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Postingan Populer