Rechercher dans ce blog

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Crystal Ball: Five-Star QB Projected to Notre Dame - 247Sports

The 247Sports Crystal Ball is a tool recruiting analysts use to show the pulse of a recruitment. What school is the team to beat right now? Where is a prospect going to eventually land? The Crystal Ball is a good tool to use to keep an eye on where things are headed for a particular talent.

On Sunday, I went ahead and put in a prediction for Notre Dame that I've been hinting at for quite some time.

My latest prediction has Notre Dame landing a commitment from Saline (Mich.) high school five-star class of 2024 quarterback CJ Carr. Both myself and 247Sports National Director of Recruiting now have Notre Dame eventually landing his pledge.

This would be a massive win for offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Tommy Rees. Both Rees and Carr have a tremendous relationship and I’m putting a lot of stock into that bond with this pick. I don’t believe there is a relationship Carr has with a coach at the collegiate level, at least as of today, that is as close and strong as what he has developed over time with Rees.

Carr is going to be at Notre Dame Sunday to throw during the Irish Invasion, the staff’s annual elite prospect camp that takes place inside Notre Dame Stadium. It is my opinion that the Irish have the lead for Carr at this point in his recruitment and another day alongside Rees will only strengthen my feeling regarding their chances to eventually beat the likes of Alabama, Michigan, Georgia, LSU, Penn State and many others for his commitment.

Carr’s last visit to Notre Dame went extremely well, which is around the time I started mentioning a potential Crystal Ball prediction.

"This was probably one of the best trips to Notre Dame that I've been on,” said Carr. “We were in the meetings at first and we were just getting to talk to the QBs that are there and getting to be around coach Rees was awesome. Then we went out on the practice field when practice started and they had a great practice. There was lots of competition that was happening, so I thought that was really cool. Then we went and had a little photo shoot and did all that stuff, ate lunch, went back and talk to coach Rees privately and then headed out. So it was overall, just a great visit."

Rees has always taken a unique approach to Carr’s recruitment. He has put him through multiple tests, both related to the mental side of the game as well as just trying to make sure they are a great fit with each other. That approach continues to make a great impression on the elite signal-caller.

"He got me up on the board this time,” said Carr regarding his last trip to Notre Dame. “During the QB meetings, he had installed a play with me one time a while ago and had me recite the rules of it and recite who I'm reading, where the ball should go, so that was just a cool experience to get up in front of the QBs and draw a play up and explain how it's worked... I knew the play pretty well. I was pretty comfortable up there.

"We were on Zoom. My brother and I were on there for a little bit," said Carr during a previous interview along the same lines of Rees’ unique approach to his recruitment. “We talked some football… It was a great experience just to get around coach Rees a little more. It was a really fun zoom call. We're hoping to do it a few more times… If I'm being honest, it was unbelievable. I haven't been around a coach who has done that with me yet. We got to dissect one of their plays. It was a really, really cool experience in my recruiting process. It was definitely a highlight. I look forward to it whenever we talk. I'm hoping we can continue to get back on zoom. I really, really enjoyed that part of it. That was the first time I got to really dissect a college play and see how he's coaching it. So overall, it was a 10 out of 10 for me.

As a sophomore, Carr completed 64% of his passes for 2,696 yards, 28 touchdowns and only 4 interceptions.

If Carr’s last name looks familiar, it should. He is the grandson of Lloyd Carr, who won a national championship as the head coach at the University of Michigan, while adding five Big Ten titles and a 122-40 career record with the Wolverines.

Adblock test (Why?)



"ball" - Google News
June 05, 2022 at 08:53PM
https://ift.tt/BKkdaHF

Crystal Ball: Five-Star QB Projected to Notre Dame - 247Sports
"ball" - Google News
https://ift.tt/bcJuMNs
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Postingan Populer