The LSU Tigers are off to a strong start for the 2022 recruiting class. LSU currently has 10 players committed for 2022, which ranks No. 2, according to 247Sports.

LSU could be sitting at No. 1 if not for the Jan. 30 decommitment of four-star safety Bryce Anderson. Anderson, who was the first player to commit to LSU’s 2022 class all the way back in Sept. 2019. backed off of his pledge and many thought the Tigers would no longer be considered.

That’s not the case as on Saturday, Anderson released his finalists and LSU made the cut.

Joining the Tigers in Anderson’s top five were Texas, Texas A&M, Michigan, and USC.

The 6-foot-0, 190-pound safety plays his high school football at West Brook High in Beaumont, Texas.

After releasing his list of finalists on Twitter, Anderson spoke with Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports and said LSU remains in hot pursuit.

“LSU, they’re recruiting me harder since I decommitted and they text me and are calling me every day,” Anderson said. “I already know their schemes and stuff and how they play and I’m ready to see what the new DC (Daronte Jones) does.”

Anderson has no timeline for his final decision.